Research Report on Inventors
Do you ever wonder what our lives would be like if we did not have electric lights, washing machines, computers, or cars? How inventors products have changed our lives is as important as who they were. Some inventions’ influence on human lives are easy to understand. The discovery of fire made it possible for early humans to have a heat source, as well as a way to cook foods, otherwise eaten raw. A major invention thousands of years ago was the wheel. Its inventions allowed for the advancement of agriculture and technology by later inventors. Humans now had new opportunities to transport materials. Having capable modes of transportation has been a crucial stepping stone for all societies.
Introductory Paragraph –First Paragraph: Topic sentence introduces the full name of the inventor, when and where he/she was born. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th sentences introduce the topics of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th paragraphs. The concluding 5th sentence ends the paragraph.
Second Paragraph should include:
1. Describe the inventor’s education.
2. Write how the inventor became interested in inventing and creating things. This might include interesting anecdotes from his/her childhood.
Third paragraph should include:
1. Describe what the inventor created.
2. Write about how he/she made their inventions.
3. Describe what obstacles he/she had to overcome to create their inventions.
Fourth Paragraph should include:
1. What was the inventor’s most important contribution? Why is the invention important?
2. Who are their inventions important to or helpful to?
3. Is this invention important to people other than Americans? Why or why not? Give some examples.
Fifth Paragraph should include:
1. Write what you have learned from this inventor.
2. What lesson(s) could other people learn from this inventor.
3. You are summing up the contributions of this inventor and should not reveal any new information.
You will "become" the inventor you choose and display the invention in a living wax museum to your peers. You can dress up like the inventor and have props or models of the invention.
REQUIREMENTS – these must be included:
Cover sheet/Title page
Photo collage (with a minimum of 5 photos pertaining to the inventor and his/her life)
Bibliography page (use more than one resource)
Your report can be typed (12 point font and double space) OR handwritten in your best cursive (in pen)
Rough draft paragraphs required to be turned in each week and in with the final report
Rough Draft Paragraph Due Dates:
5th: January 11th-second paragraph
January 18th-third and fourth paragraphs
January 25th-introduction and conclusion paragraphs